Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng của U.S. Embassy at Hanoi
Student Interns for the American Center (14 positions)
FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM AMERICAN CENTER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HNALL 14/32
OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university student residents in Vietnam
POSITION: American Center Student Intern (14 positions)
OPENING DATE: June 6, 2014 CLOSING DATE: June 20, 2014
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 8 hours/week
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) months
The Embassy of the United States of America in Hanoi is seeking 14 part-time, unpaid university student interns for the American Center in the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The American Center Student Internship benefits both the U.S. Embassy and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Embassy accomplish important mission goals.
American Center Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of running the Center to include re- shelving books, magazines and DVDs, working on collections, greeting patrons and ensuring that they adhere to Center regulations. Interns will also host group discussions, monitor and report on speaker programs, and support other programmatic or administrative tasks as requested. Interns will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the American Center go to http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/americancenter.html.
Please contact the Human Resources Office at 3850-5000, ext. 5127/ext. 5126 for further inquiries.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Must be a currently enrolled university student in Vietnam.
Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
Must have demonstrated the potential to accomplish the type of work to be performed.
Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
Familiarity with the American Center is required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All American Center Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning program.
3. Applicants not in their last year of university are preferred.
4. If selected, the student will receive a security background check.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. EMBASSY EMPLOYEES
The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual,
sick leave, etc.
There will be NO compensation or payment.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the followings, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program (find the attached form).
2. Statement of Interest form (attached) should include the student’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship and how their academic courses and other experiences relate to the Mission’s goals/ American Center’s needs.
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
4. A copy of ID card and student card.
5. Copy of most recent academic transcript.
6. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that
addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION Applications should be submitted through email to the address: HanoiHR@state.gov Subject line must be: (HN VA 14/32) or your application may not be considered.
We will only accept applications by email. If you encounter a problem, please call Human Resources Office (84-4) 3850-5126 or (84-4) 3850-5127. Please do NOT attach a photo on an application form.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Human Resources Office Telephone: 84-4-3850-5000 ext. 5127/ext. 5126 Fax: 84-4-3850-5019
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: JUNE 20, 2014
(All applications must be received by the closing date to receive consideration. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks from the closing date, your application was not successful.)